Your Empty Paint Containers Are 100% Recyclable. Think About It!
Whether it is made of steel or plastic, a paint container is 100% recyclable. Recycle it or bring it to a drop-off point, but don’t throw an empty container in the garbage. This way, you will ensure it is disposed of in an environmentally responsible manner, and that it is brought to where metal and plastic are recovered and recycled.
What Do I Do with a Paint Container When It Is Completely Empty?
1. First, make sure to clean your container following this simple steps:
- Using your paintbrush, thoroughly wipe the walls, rim and lid of the container
- Allow the interior of your container and the lid to dry for 24 hours
- Dispose of the container and lid separately
2. Bring it back to one of our drop-off point. It is easy and accessible!
Find the Éco-Peinture drop-off point nearest your home.
Is there any paint left inside your can?
Even if there is just a little bit of paint left inside your can, you cannot say this is an empty can. Do not pour leftover paint into drains or sewers. Make sure to leave the leftovers in the original container and bring it to a drop-off point near your home. For more information, see our Paint page.